I’m so excited! I can’t wait! Will you join me? I will be at City Park today (April 29) for Discovery Day in the Park, sponsored by Denver Parks and Recreation and Rocky Mountain PBS!
Here are some great things you can expect to see:
- Get THISCLOSE to Clifford the Big Red Dog
- Go on a scavenger hunt (Completed scavenger hunt cards will be entered into a drawing for free trees and tree planting, a 4-pack to the Museum of Nature and Science and more!)
- Zumba with your whole family
- Show off your cycling skills in a fun bike safety activity
- Take a swing at golf
- Try a climbing wall
- Be a bee keeper
- Learn how to follow animal tracks
- Go fishing with a fishing rod that you get to keep (courtesy of Denver Parks and Recreation)!
- Read! with Columbine the Butterfly and see some humongous bubbles!
There will be even more activities and things to see so celebrate Earth Day in a special way this year.
This event is in conjunction with a national partnership between PBS KIDS and the National Recreation and Park Association to encourage families to “explore the outdoors.”
Discovery Day in the Park
Sunday, April 29
City Park (in the meadow, between the lake and the Museum of Science and Nature) — click here for a map
Admission: Free, but please RSVP (so we know how many fishing poles to bring!)